International Conference 20-21 May 2010 Vilnius/Lithuania
Since the Baltic States' accession to the European Union on 1 May 2004, the Insolvency Regulation is directly applicable in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. In practice, however, the Regulation and its legal effects appear to be largely unknown and widely ignored despite the fact that businesses in the Baltic States have been increasingly internationalized in recent years.
The aim of this conference is to provide a forum primarily for members of the legal profession from old and new EU Member States to share experiences and ideas on trends. Speakers and participants from the old Member States will have a chance to learn about the current status of application of the Regulation from local practitioners, judges, lawyers, and scholars, who, in turn, can profit from the longer experience with the Regulation of their colleagues from the old Member States.
20-21 May 2010
Radisson BLU Astorija Hotel, Vilnius/Lithuania
- From the Baltic States: practitioners, lawyers, judges, scholars
- From abroad: practitioners from Germany, UK, Sweden, and elsewhere
- Lithuanian-German Lawyers Association (Litauisch-Deutscher Juristenverein) (www.ldjv.eu)
- bnt Attorneys (www.bnt.eu)
- INSOL Europe (www.insol-europe.org)
- Riga Graduate School of Law (www.rgsl.edu.lv)
- Vilnius University - Faculty of Law (www.tf.vu.lt)
- Latvian Insolvency Agency (www.mna.gov.lv)
English, Lithuanian with simultaneous translation
| Registration fees||Early Booker by 9 April ||Late Booker |
|Regular attendees||200 EUR ||300 EUR|
|Members of INSOL Europe and Lithuanian German Lawyer Association||140 EUR||200 EUR|
|Attendees from Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania (members and non-members)||90 EUR||150 EUR|
A detailed programme will shortly be circulated
through Lithuanian-German Lawyers Association (Litauisch-Deutscher Juristenverein), email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: +37052121630 until 9 April 2010 for Early Booker Fee.
Note that registration is only confirmed upon receipt of full registration fee. Please refer to separate registration form for details.
Registration Conference Vilnius